Midwest240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anybody have tein basics and tein drift coilovers???

2 posters

Go down

anybody have tein basics and tein drift coilovers??? Empty anybody have tein basics and tein drift coilovers???

Post by Bassboy3313 Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:44 pm

hey. i am wondering if someone has tein basic coilovers and if someone has tein drift coilovers? I just got a set used and it came with basic fronts and drift rears. I havent installed them yet and was wondering if someone could tell me the right way to adjust them?

The basics have 3 perches (1 on top, 2 at the bottom against each other). Is there a special way to adjust them since it has 2 different perches to adjust height?

As for the drifts, I am guessing its just raising the height adjusting perch raises the car and lowering the perch lowers the car. is this correct?

Thanks!
Bassboy3313
Bassboy3313

Number of posts : 238
Vehicle : 91 240sx hatch and 95 Buell Thunderbolt 1200cc
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

anybody have tein basics and tein drift coilovers??? Empty Re: anybody have tein basics and tein drift coilovers???

Post by Vlad Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:19 pm

What do you mean?

The way you adjust height is screwing in the actual coil into the bracket on the bottom.

anybody have tein basics and tein drift coilovers??? GRPlus-med

See the things on the bottom with the Stance sticker? You screw the threaded black part into them to lower it, and screw out to raise the car. In order to do that you need to loosen that orange "ring."

After you get the height you want just screw the collar back the way it was, and wolah! Your done.

Do not adjust height by raising the spring, as that will change the preload. A little is ok, but dont over do it.

Pretty easy.
Vlad
Vlad

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

anybody have tein basics and tein drift coilovers??? Empty Re: anybody have tein basics and tein drift coilovers???

Post by Bassboy3313 Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:16 pm

AAHHH!!! Ok. So is there a standard height that the spring perches should be at? Mine are not the same for any of the coilovers. Thanks!
Bassboy3313
Bassboy3313

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:43 am

You mean the spring?

I would make sure the rears are at the same height, and the fronts are the same height. Depending on coilover and spring the heights could vary. What might be ideal for the rear, might not be ideal for the front.

Make the springs snug, but not too snug. Basically dont over tighten them...

Basically dont use the springs to adjust height, thread the shock body into the bracket to adjust height.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassboy3313 Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:45 pm

ok. ill just make sure the springs are snug and then adjust height like you said. thanks again.
Bassboy3313
Bassboy3313

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:14 pm

No problemo. You can pay me when you see me at a meet in the spring. A deep dish Geordanos pizza is very welcomed...
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassboy3313 Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Haha! I'll remember that man. cheers I found the user manual for both the basics and drifts and it has the measuring spacing on where the spring perches need to be for rated springs. I am going to go with these values to set the springs and your way to adjust height. Thanks again.
Bassboy3313
Bassboy3313

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down