From the Quad Cities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

From the Quad Cities

Post by Brian47590 on Fri May 22, 2009 3:26 am

Hello everyone, my name is Brian but around here some people know me as LittleFoot or just Foot. It's a nickname that started 10 years ago when i was 11 and it's just stuck. I own a '90 240sx hatch, '98 240sx and a '01 Sentra SE as my daily driver. I like to call myself knowlegable compared to other people i know but i am only 21 and don't have years of experience. Both my 240s are stock due to lack of money and space to do work because of my brother's FC.
My Sentra has a good story line tho. I bought it off a broke friend for $400. I didn't know what was wrong with it and neither did he. He didn't have the tools or the know how to fix it. I found out it had a spun bearing after finding metal in the oil pan. I got my dad to order a used motor through a company he uses at work. $535 I had a used motor to put in my car. I bought a 6 puck clutch off ebay (note: the F1 racing clutches have horrible throwout bearings. BUY NEW ONES/ or buy a good name clutch) I was unemployed when i did all this. i just had spare money. New fluids and belts and gaskets and after a total of approx. $1300 had a good '01 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package (SR20DE, 5 Spd, LSD) Now i have just come to find out my Tranny is going out and need to rebuild it. apparently its a problem with some of the B15 Trannys that the shaft bearings in the tranny go bad due to lack of oiling or something. So i gotta get my kouki back out to drive that for awhile.
Anyway, can't wait to get it running and sounding good so i can put my money toward my S13 and have some RWD fun.

Brian47590

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: From the Quad Cities

Post by DockSide55 on Fri May 22, 2009 4:56 am

welcome and thanks for the intro.

Number of posts : 1201
Vehicle : 93' Fastback
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile