Midwest240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

f2f type 2 coils wtf? not low in the rear or front at all and rub on the front wheels!!!!

4 posters

Go down

f2f type 2 coils wtf? not low in the rear or front at all and rub on the front wheels!!!! Empty f2f type 2 coils wtf? not low in the rear or front at all and rub on the front wheels!!!!

Post by greasemonkey686 Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:49 pm

so ok guys im installing my new f2f coilovers that just came in (note: i have installed tein's, stance's like 8 times, and footwerks on s-chassis and have had no problems.) so anyways the rears are maxed out and are still higher than the lowering springs with a 2.5" drop. hmm weird. your not supposed to adjust the collars for the springs i know that so they basically dont go low at all. looks offroad status fer sure in the front and the rear. now for the fronts. full - camber on the camber plates and on the bottom of the coils where it mounts to the knuckle. rubbage is about 10-15mm's of a spacer. but since my wheel studs are not long enough i cannot even run a 5mm spacer. im on sportwax 962's 18x9.5 +35 18x8.5 or 7.5 +35 not too sure im too frustrated to remember.

box says nissan s13 and they are the function and form type 2 coilovers. go figure. any suggestions? anyone in the area that wants to check it out? i know that they come with 3 bolts on the camber plate but i took 2 out as the directions say to do if you want full negative camber so i did and went full negative. shits pissing me off i want this car done tomorrow but obviously that is not going to happen. fuck life fuck function and form never again will i ever buy a shit overpriced product. id rather have isis coilovers. at least they go fucking low.
greasemonkey686
greasemonkey686

Number of posts : 702
Vehicle : s13 hatch
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

f2f type 2 coils wtf? not low in the rear or front at all and rub on the front wheels!!!! Empty Re: f2f type 2 coils wtf? not low in the rear or front at all and rub on the front wheels!!!!

Post by simon Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:09 pm

shit tighten the preload collar if you haveto, take out the other collars

and wtf rubbing in the front? check the damping

simon

Number of posts : 1186
Vehicle : s13
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

f2f type 2 coils wtf? not low in the rear or front at all and rub on the front wheels!!!! Empty Re: f2f type 2 coils wtf? not low in the rear or front at all and rub on the front wheels!!!!

Post by greasemonkey686 Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:36 am

i fucked witht he dampening on one side hella hard. went way way way up and still nothing. i dont get it. its fucked. up. im pissed. i dont want them anymore and im sure nobody on this forum will either unless they have a lower offset wheel than me. simon cme over check it out its messed up. lol these jobs should take no longer than like 20 min. i was out there for 2 hours swaring my head off.
greasemonkey686
greasemonkey686

Back to top Go down

Post by simon Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:53 am

hmm that sucks dood. and i would but im all caught up and shit with school.

you bought it from ill garage right? tommys a cool dude, if you take it by theyll take care of you.

simon

Number of posts : 1186
Vehicle : s13
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:42 pm

The only thing you can do is take out all the collars, and add some more preload.

If they are still not low enough for you, there is nothing you can do.

There is nothing any of us can do for you.

Also I would add another set (2) of bolts on the top of that camber plates just to be safe.
Vlad
Vlad

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 93sapphirecoupe Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:24 pm

make the camber more positive with the bolts on the knuckles and they might not rub. just a thought.
93sapphirecoupe
93sapphirecoupe

Number of posts : 170
Vehicle : s13 coupe
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey686 Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:19 am

if you make the camber more positive the coilover will be tilted in more to the wheel. full negative and still rubbing.

vlad in the directions it says that you can take 2 bolts out of the camber plates if necessary and it is for full negative lol. still barly fit in. i had to squeeze the bolts down because they were hitting the edge of the strut tower.

simon yeah i know tommy pretty well he takes good care of me over there... just wish he could hurry up on some shit.

and the rears didnt go low for shit. so we are pretty positive they were for s14's. like i said before i still had wheel gap from tire to fender while maxed out lowness. bullshit. i know. prolly wont even be on coilovers till the meet hopefully by then. well i have another issue im going to make a new topic right now.
greasemonkey686
greasemonkey686

Back to top Go down

Post by 93sapphirecoupe Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:30 am

thats why i said move it at the knuckle. like move the knuckle away from the strut using thinner bolts. i guess it doesnt matter though if you are going to get rid of them.
93sapphirecoupe
93sapphirecoupe

Number of posts : 170
Vehicle : s13 coupe
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey686 Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:47 am

uhh.... like i said they are for an s14 not an s13.
greasemonkey686
greasemonkey686

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down