Midwest240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi, i'm kind of new around here...

+8
2ndcar
DockSide55
Flicktitty
Adrian_S13
homeboy.
lizmo
Rad Mike
LongGrain
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

hi, i'm kind of new around here... - Page 2 Empty Re: hi, i'm kind of new around here...

Post by jayys Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:42 pm

to tell u the truth its because its not actually oil from wat i understand or some bull shit idk ive had all good things from it jesus runs it in his miata and doesnt have a problem i use it in all my trans shit but i rock castrol for everything else so idk
jayys
jayys

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

hi, i'm kind of new around here... - Page 2 Empty Re: hi, i'm kind of new around here...

Post by LongGrain Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:44 pm

if you still want to use it thats fine with me. i'm not going to take the chance again. It already ruined one motor...

especially when there is better shit out there.

LongGrain

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jayys Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:47 pm

from wat i hear amsoil is the shit and murrays carries it =)
jayys
jayys

Back to top Go down

Post by LongGrain Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:51 pm

i dont even know what murray's is.

for now i'm going to run eneos....

and i'll probably end up going with redline MT90 for the trans

LongGrain

Back to top Go down

Post by jayys Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:56 pm

redlines dope shit seen that shit take away grinds
murrays is a auto part store i think o rilley owens them now any eho they stock amsoil

ooo and eneos is good stuff from wat i hear expensive stuff tho
jayys
jayys

Back to top Go down

Post by LongGrain Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 pm

yea i dont live in illinois. I just call TF and have them send me oil. its easier that way...

LongGrain

Back to top Go down

Post by jayys Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:00 am

o rilleys is nation wide but idk

yea niggas at tf are koo

hey queston tho considering uve had bearing problems before in a sr arent u scared to run a 0w
jayys
jayys

Back to top Go down

Post by LongGrain Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:02 am

i didnt have bearing problems because my oil was too thin, i had bearing problems because there wasnt ANY oil in the engine, period.

ive heard good things about eneos 0w50, and i already have 5 quarts of it. i'm just going to try it out at first. i'll probably end up just using it for track days and using something else like mobil 1 for street duty.

LongGrain

Back to top Go down

Post by jayys Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:07 am

oo i thought u had bearing problems before ur filter blew my fault didnt read correctly gl with this motor lmk how that stuff works might think about runnin it maybe idk im a castrol fanboy
jayys
jayys

Back to top Go down

Post by mmm240 Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:37 am

Welcome to the club! Was it you that bored a cadet to 1.9? I'm curious how you liked it and how it performed. From my understanding it should make for an almost perfectly square motor.
mmm240
mmm240

Number of posts : 882
Vehicle : 93 240 vert, 92 Yota pickup, 01 Honda F4i
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by LongGrain Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:58 am

yea that was me, i never finished that motor. i ended up just leaving it at the shop because i didnt feel like doing it anymore

LongGrain

Back to top Go down

Post by DockSide55 Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:18 pm

yea thats who i was talking to you about matt. but ryan never got back to me about the ca so... yea. lol.
DockSide55
DockSide55

Number of posts : 1201
Vehicle : 93' Fastback
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mmm240 Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:25 pm

Oh, I C. So Mr. Grain, is it still around?
mmm240
mmm240

Number of posts : 882
Vehicle : 93 240 vert, 92 Yota pickup, 01 Honda F4i

Back to top Go down

Post by LongGrain Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:49 pm

i dont know, i left it there. it might still be at the shop if you want to go pick it up and pay me...

LongGrain

Back to top Go down

Post by eS 13_maJiK Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:58 pm

LongGrain wrote:10w40

i was always under the impression that it was really good shit. but according to big jon and the guy who did the machine work, royal purple caused the problem. they told me why but i dont remember the whole explanation. something about RP relying on detergents to clean out deposits and shit, but it doesnt actually protect the bearings at all.

ryan clemens also had troubles when he put RP in his motor, luckily he noticed it right away and changed it out.

I've got some eneos 0w50 i want to try out when i get the new potato rolling, but i'm not sure if i'm going to use it full time.

I guess RP uses metal particles as an additive for there friction modifier to have less friction between moving parts. I don't know bout anyone else that doesn't seem to good to be floating around in my engine. AMS oil +1. If you need ams I can get you some my teacher is a AMS dealer/rep person(something like that) or Redline is pretty good its AMS's top competitor. Sry to hear bout the SR thats shitty and really odd expecially after you just had it built, first I ever heard of that stuff happening. You got any plans for the new one?
eS 13_maJiK
eS 13_maJiK

Number of posts : 738

Back to top Go down

Post by LongGrain Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:22 pm

the new one has an S14 T28, greddy RAS, stance water pump pulley, stance oil block delete, custom earls oil cooler w/ remote filter, new exedy stage 2 clutch, greddy catch can, and i'm most likely picking up a V mount setup this weekend for it.

LongGrain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2