Midwest240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

s13 Welded Differential, not so welded anymore? help me out...

4 posters

Go down

s13 Welded Differential, not so welded anymore? help me out... Empty s13 Welded Differential, not so welded anymore? help me out...

Post by DockSide55 Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:21 am

ok so today i went out with a couple of friend to bww and what not. then i go home but i go to a lot and try pull off some figure ochos. all goes good yadda yadda yadda. i jump on 90/94 to go home and as usual, im going pretty fast. half way home, i start getting this crazy wining and grinding noise. i let off and i hear this crazy like knockage coming from the back. i take it easy going home now. im still getting these loud ass grind/wines when i accelerate and that knocking when i let off. i get home and drive around streets turning and crap. now the diff doesnt do the usual tire skipping and chirping. the ground is dry by my house already. then i go to a wet ally and do small burnout. left two marks but ive done burnouts with the open differential and it left two marks i go to a lot and just do circles, not sliding. no chirp/tire skip. i cant mess around much by my house cause there is police warehouse kinda thing. not sure if its a police station but popo is always around. i just put in the diff and havent really beat on it. it was used before and from what i know it is pretty old and used. wtf is going? any help? really dont want to take out the diff, but if i have to ill just put my open again till i get a new welded. and yes i filled it up when i changed it the diff. is this normal or wut the fuck. i mean, no tire chirp/skip when i turn now? wtf is going on. hit me up and let me know. i drive fast on the highway so i dont want this shit blowing up on me while im doing 110...
DockSide55
DockSide55

Number of posts : 1201
Vehicle : 93' Fastback
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

s13 Welded Differential, not so welded anymore? help me out... Empty Re: s13 Welded Differential, not so welded anymore? help me out...

Post by 14k Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:16 am

damn Dude that sucks, sounds like ur welds might have broke or ur diff is going bad?

Did u set the backlash when u installed the weldeD?
Admin

Number of posts : 2687
Vehicle : Cheby truck
Registration date : 2009-01-18

https://midwest240sx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

s13 Welded Differential, not so welded anymore? help me out... Empty Re: s13 Welded Differential, not so welded anymore? help me out...

Post by DockSide55 Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:56 pm

it was all ready to good to go in when i got it. i just filled it up with new fluid.
i kinda expected it to blow up but not this soon. shit fuckin sucks. im thinkin of just putting on my open till the summer and as soon as i start work, i jump on a kaaz 2 way. but idk yet. shit sucks. i hate swapping out diffs.
DockSide55
DockSide55

Back to top Go down

Post by eS 13_maJiK Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:23 pm

My suggestion is to pop the cover off and take a look. thats the only way you'll know.
eS 13_maJiK
eS 13_maJiK

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lilskyline240 Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:54 pm

sucks ass man.. but yeah sounds like u gunna have to drop the diff again
lilskyline240
lilskyline240

Number of posts : 848
Vehicle : 90 coupe RB30det
Registration date : 2009-01-30

http://www.myspace.com/illwaxurass

Back to top Go down

Post by eS 13_maJiK Fri May 01, 2009 8:11 am

any updates?
eS 13_maJiK
eS 13_maJiK

Back to top Go down

Post by DockSide55 Fri May 01, 2009 8:13 am

nope. its up in stands right now. starting 5 speed today and putting an open diff for the mean time.
DockSide55
DockSide55

Back to top Go down

Post by eS 13_maJiK Fri May 01, 2009 8:19 am

dope/ let me know how it goes
eS 13_maJiK
eS 13_maJiK

Back to top Go down

Post by DockSide55 Fri May 01, 2009 8:21 am

word up. and ill take pics of the welded diff for reference or something, and too if there is any metal in the fluid.
DockSide55
DockSide55

Back to top Go down

Post by eS 13_maJiK Fri May 01, 2009 8:23 am

kkk sounds good
eS 13_maJiK
eS 13_maJiK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down