Midwest240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

car runs without air filter, but wont with air filter

4 posters

Go down

car runs without air filter, but wont with air filter Empty car runs without air filter, but wont with air filter

Post by Bassboy3313 Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:52 am

hey. i am having a weird issue with my car. when an air filter is connected to the intake, my engine will bog and die. once i remove the filter/airbox it will run just as it used to. anyone know what this could be?
Bassboy3313
Bassboy3313

Number of posts : 238
Vehicle : 91 240sx hatch and 95 Buell Thunderbolt 1200cc
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

car runs without air filter, but wont with air filter Empty Re: car runs without air filter, but wont with air filter

Post by slo40sx Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:37 pm

does it run with the box connected but with the filer out? Maby ur filer is super dirty
slo40sx
slo40sx

Number of posts : 196
Vehicle : 91 s13
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Back to top Go down

car runs without air filter, but wont with air filter Empty Re: car runs without air filter, but wont with air filter

Post by Bassboy3313 Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:34 pm

the filter looks practically brand new. no visual dirt. still completely white. havent tried connecting box only to it. been running with a cone filter, and even that wont allow it to run anymore. idk if the fpr has anything to do with it. its like my car is allergic to air filters. lol. even when the filter is like 3 inches away it will start to die.
Bassboy3313
Bassboy3313

Number of posts : 238
Vehicle : 91 240sx hatch and 95 Buell Thunderbolt 1200cc
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by pancho y onions Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Well check your airbox for any blockage. Also check your maf. Did this all happen all of a sudden?

pancho y onions

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by simon Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:11 am

car runs without air filter, but wont with air filter A095324e

simon

Number of posts : 1186
Vehicle : s13
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:19 pm

You are indeed a talented man.Your post is brimming with literary grace.And it attracts lots of eyes.Click ratio is very high.replica handbags

Back to top Go down

car runs without air filter, but wont with air filter Empty replica handbags

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:19 pm

You are indeed a talented man.Your post is brimming with literary grace.And it attracts lots of eyes.Click ratio is very high.replica handbags

Back to top Go down

Post by simon Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:49 pm

hand bags.

simon

Number of posts : 1186
Vehicle : s13
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down