Midwest240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago area, I'm new

+7
Kori
DockSide55
lilskyline240
xDABSx
homeboy.
Rad Mike
1990240Hatch
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chicago area, I'm new - Page 2 Empty Re: Chicago area, I'm new

Post by Kori Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:50 pm

1990240Hatch wrote:Thanks Kori. I hope to learn a lot about cars when I'm older. I'm just thankful to have a dad that lets me use all of his tools and one side of the garage when I need it. If it wasnt for him I wouldnt be into cars nor would I have a car at this age.

Learn now, not when your older... That's how i started, my dad has a huge shop and shit load of tools so i was always out there when i was little.. slowly got into cars in general and then into modding them myself plus i always had a heated place to work on them. And now I've done 5 motor swaps, learning for each one. Still learning as I start into my next project. Any questions search online first if you can't find anything or want second opinions (even though lots of the opinions are asshole ones, ignore those lol) post it up on here.

Get a job and build your car. you got at least 2 years of high school left before bills..
Kori
Kori

Number of posts : 934
Vehicle : 1989 Nissan 240sx
Registration date : 2009-02-16

http://www.myspace.com/kori_lockwood

Back to top Go down

Post by 1990240Hatch Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Same with my dad, except the big shop part, but he does have a lot of tools and keeps pulling more and more out. I've been helping him with the various cars, and van, he has had for as long as i can remember. I've already put together a 1985 Monte Carlo, and when I say put together i mean this car had no panels or interior and i swapped the dash and all the other interior from one to the other. It was a lot of work but with all the work I do I learn a ton. Our old garage wasnt heated but the one we have now is and its a lot bigger and better for me to work in.
1990240Hatch
1990240Hatch

Number of posts : 131
Vehicle : 93 hatch
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kori Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:00 pm

lol least you didnt have all the old panels and interior... ive found some nasty fucking surprises when taking dashes out of the carpeting..

None the less i hope this site helps you with your 240
Kori
Kori

Number of posts : 934
Vehicle : 1989 Nissan 240sx
Registration date : 2009-02-16

http://www.myspace.com/kori_lockwood

Back to top Go down

Post by 1990240Hatch Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:04 pm

i did have to take the original dash. and the one we got the panels and interior from i had to take a part to put on the other. and when we were taking the interior out, under the seat there was a roach. It was crazy.

Thanks, I hope it helps too.
1990240Hatch
1990240Hatch

Number of posts : 131
Vehicle : 93 hatch
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2