Midwest240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone near madison, wi, wanna lend a hand? no spark!

3 posters

Go down

anyone near madison, wi, wanna lend a hand? no spark! Empty anyone near madison, wi, wanna lend a hand? no spark!

Post by csimp3 Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:12 am

ok, i picked up my sr20det swapped 240 last week, guy said it ran, but it had sat for a year, i tow it home, put a new battery in it, fresh gas, oil, all that fun stuff, turns over, gets fuel, but no spark. i have power at the ignitor, but im not sure how much power im supposed to have, and no power at the coil packs. any advice?

csimp3

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

anyone near madison, wi, wanna lend a hand? no spark! Empty Re: anyone near madison, wi, wanna lend a hand? no spark!

Post by shortyman4065 Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 am

You bastard...I was supposed to pick that up. But the guy wouldn't hold it for me til that upcoming Friday. It has the silvia front end right? But nonetheless, good buy, and good luck lol.

shortyman4065

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

anyone near madison, wi, wanna lend a hand? no spark! Empty Re: anyone near madison, wi, wanna lend a hand? no spark!

Post by csimp3 Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:35 pm

lol! sorry man, i went and saw how clean it is monday night on the way to work, and paid him tuesday morning

csimp3

Back to top Go down

Post by shortyman4065 Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:57 pm

Nah its cool man...good luck fixing it and trying to get it running.

shortyman4065

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey686 Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:02 pm

how do you exactly know your getting power to the coil packs? i have 4 perfectly good coil packs. 90 bucks for the set. lmk man.
greasemonkey686
greasemonkey686

Number of posts : 702
Vehicle : s13 hatch
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by csimp3 Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:16 pm

im not getting power to the coilpacks, i am getting power to the ignitor, but i am thinkin im just not getting enough power from it, gonna check that out tomorrow. hoping i can get ahold of someone in madison that will let me try out their ignitor on my car and see if thats the problem

csimp3

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey686 Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:55 am

break out the voltmeter. test it see whats going on.
greasemonkey686
greasemonkey686

Number of posts : 702
Vehicle : s13 hatch
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by csimp3 Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:04 am

well i tested it, but im not sure if it is supposed to have constant power while the key is in the "on" position, or if it only supposed to have power when actually cranking over the engine. and someone told me it should be a full 12 volts, we read 6-8 volts, but only when the engine was being turned over, it reads zero whien the key is just on, and not being turned

csimp3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down