Midwest240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to tell good coilovers from complete crap

+9
homeboy.
93sapphirecoupe
simon
navyslideby
STM
Rad Mike
LongGrain
fastSRmedic
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How to tell good coilovers from complete crap - Page 2 Empty Re: How to tell good coilovers from complete crap

Post by Rad Mike Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:32 pm

93sapphirecoupe wrote:
homeboy. wrote:
93sapphirecoupe wrote: save the slammed look for hard parkers and mini trucks.

STFU faggot

hahaha sorry for keeping my suspension geometry correct and not bashing my car on the ground everywhere i go. homoboy

You must drive like and idiot if you were to "bash you car everywhere" in a low vehicle.

OP.

I have Stance Gr+pros.
They are stiff,yes,but not unbearable.I actually enjoy it. 8=D~~
I'm at full low on 17's all around without collars removed or anything and its and a GOOD fucking height.
Perfect for most people Id say.
What I also like about Stance is that they are local,so if something fucks up (Im not saying it will happen) you can go get it fixed ect ect with out having to ship parts and have your car down blah blah.

If you want pictures of ride height,I can get you some.
Support local doods!
Rad Mike
Rad Mike
BRINGING SEXY BACK

Number of posts : 1162
Vehicle : Angel's Cornhole
Registration date : 2009-02-03

http://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com/

Back to top Go down

How to tell good coilovers from complete crap - Page 2 Empty Re: How to tell good coilovers from complete crap

Post by Vlad Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Yeah I can vouch for customer service at TF. VERY NICE people, and always willing to help people out.

The only issue people sometimes have with Stance is they get seized, but thats only if you drive your car in the winter.

Even if they do get seized just spray a lot of PB Blaster on it, leave it for a little bit.... and wallah
Vlad
Vlad

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by simon Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:36 pm

^^truth

imho stance is the way togo, especially if youre from the midwest

good customer service too- if you ever have issues they almost always will help you.

cant say the same about JIC, tein, emotor (megan), blah blah. customer service may as well be nonexistent..

personally if i had the cash for stances id be on that shit.

simon

Number of posts : 1186
Vehicle : s13
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:32 pm

You cant say the "same about JIC"..... wtf...

JIC is fine, yours were just really shitty and old lol. They aren't all like that.

For the price Stance is good, but there are obviously better ones out there, and they obviously cost more....

If you are not sure which ones to get decide what your budget is... then go from there. I have Stance on my car and they feel great.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by LongGrain Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:56 pm

93sapphirecoupe wrote:
homeboy. wrote:

STFU faggot

hahaha sorry for keeping my suspension geometry correct and not bashing my car on the ground everywhere i go. homoboy

honestly, shut the fuck up. no one cares about suspension geometry. we all have the lowest cars in the world and NONE of us hard park.

IDK why this is such a hard decision. Stance is quality, affordable, and most importantly.. LOCAL. God forbid something might go wrong with your megans and you have to ship them to taiwan to have them fixed. Buy stance and if something goes wrong you can walk your happy ass into TF and they will hand you replacement parts on the spot.

LongGrain

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Holy crap... I didn't know you get free replacements...Is there a certain time period, like say a year?
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by LongGrain Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 pm

not that I know of

when my rear bottom mount was messed up I mentioned it to eric and he handed me 2 new ones, no questions asked.

LongGrain

Back to top Go down

Post by 93sapphirecoupe Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:27 pm

yeah slammed is the shit on our awesome chicago roads. and its pretty obvious that you kids dont care about geometry or anything else besides looking cool and going sideways. thats why most 240s are cobbled pieces of shit. but i dont care you guys can do whatever you like, you are the ones who have to live with it. not me. i like my medium ride height and my exhaust not getting smashed along with the rest of the bottom of my car. but like navy guy said just save and buy nice parts. nothing is worse than buying stuff twice or three times. sorry for offending the "slammed" people jesus.
93sapphirecoupe
93sapphirecoupe

Number of posts : 170
Vehicle : s13 coupe
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by homeboy. Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:50 pm

93sapphirecoupe wrote:
homeboy. wrote:

STFU faggot

93sapphirecoupe wrote:yeah slammed is the shit on our awesome chicago roads. and its pretty obvious that you kids dont care about geometry or anything else besides looking cool and going sideways. thats why most 240s are cobbled pieces of shit. but i dont care you guys can do whatever you like, you are the ones who have to live with it. not me. i like my medium ride height and my exhaust not getting smashed along with the rest of the bottom of my car. but like navy guy said just save and buy nice parts. nothing is worse than buying stuff twice or three times. sorry for offending the "slammed" people jesus.

your a faggot, they are old ass cars.
i can already tell you have no car style and wear brody ass shoes
i should ban you for being such a fagg
homeboy.
homeboy.

Number of posts : 686
Vehicle : mike's penis

Back to top Go down

Post by 93sapphirecoupe Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:40 pm

lol if it makes you feel like a real man go for it. guess im not cool unless i have a sweet body kit from 99. fucking fan boy. you people get really worked up over nothing. take an opinion for what its worth. nothing.
93sapphirecoupe
93sapphirecoupe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:54 pm

I tried to defend you but your digging yourself in a hole lol...

What he does with his car is his problem. If that is your definition of a fan boy then we are all fan boys. Dont think what your doing has never been done before.

Just enjoy your car, dont worry about his.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by 93sapphirecoupe Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:00 pm

yeah i agree. back on topic.
93sapphirecoupe
93sapphirecoupe

Back to top Go down

Post by fastSRmedic Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Soooooo, Stance or Apexi? lol
fastSRmedic
fastSRmedic

Number of posts : 140
Vehicle : 1989 240SX - Fully Built SR20 GT2871R
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LongGrain Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:02 pm

stance out of convenience...

LongGrain

Back to top Go down

Post by simon Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:55 pm

LongGrain wrote:stance out of convenience...

simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:01 pm

fastSRmedic wrote:Soooooo, Stance or Apexi? lol

Stance, and isnt Apexi kinda pricey...?

If the price is similar (like withing 300 of each other) always go with Stance.

How can you beat the fact that they are local, have great customer service, and will help you if anything is to happen.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey686 Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:14 am

fastSRmedic wrote:How about adjustability of the Stances? Ride height, camber, damper and rebound, it should be better than my Tein basics right? I definitely want lower ride height, more angle, more control. You guys with Stances have GR+ or Pro?

stance coilovers go lower than shit without suffering ride quality one bit but what monotube doesnt ride smooth for a coilover. they were comfy for me but still stiff after i was done dicking with them a lot and got them where i wanted them. for the price they are worth it. and touge factory takes good care of you too with the warranty and shit. camber is good also on them. basically everything is amazing. stance all the way. i regret selling mine like a fucking moron.
greasemonkey686
greasemonkey686

Number of posts : 702
Vehicle : s13 hatch
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by stackedclutch Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Koni /Ground Control .......but thats like a 2k system and you have to put it together yourself .Nothing but great reviews form autox kids

All you ever need to know about nissan handling ...but it aint cheap
http://www.nissanroadracing.com/

heres a MN guy from nico who build his own Koni/gc setup

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=457229&page=1
stackedclutch
stackedclutch

Number of posts : 29
Vehicle : 1990 nissan 240sx Coupe'
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:49 pm

I like how you come in here talking about Koni/Ground control after a 3 page thread basically talks about Stance coilovers. lol!
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey686 Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:12 pm

lol well ill give it up to stance f2f pbm and fortune auto coils. but the best bang for the buck like i said before and as said previously because they are local is stance coilovers. save up and get them. best decision you will ever make.
greasemonkey686
greasemonkey686

Number of posts : 702
Vehicle : s13 hatch
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by simon Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:16 pm

i like his avatar

more pictures of that

simon

Back to top Go down

Post by homeboy. Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:50 pm

simon wrote:i like his avatar

more pictures of that

yes moar pics like NOW!
homeboy.
homeboy.

Number of posts : 686
Vehicle : mike's penis

Back to top Go down

Post by stackedclutch Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 pm

Vlad wrote:I like how you come in here talking about Koni/Ground control after a 3 page thread basically talks about Stance coilovers. lol!

Well ,he said the best ride comfort/track .lols.....you can piece it together ,that way you can do it paycheck to paycheck

My avatar ??
stackedclutch
stackedclutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Yes your avatar. That sexy girl with the short black dress.

More pics por favor.
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

Post by stackedclutch Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Hate to say it but i dont know who she is or where i got this pic from

heres something better
How to tell good coilovers from complete crap - Page 2 4GIFsDotCom011
stackedclutch
stackedclutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next