Midwest240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SR smoking, running super rich, wont rev

5 posters

Go down

SR smoking, running super rich, wont rev Empty SR smoking, running super rich, wont rev

Post by simon Mon May 31, 2010 10:53 pm

So this problem started a few weeks ago..its an S13 SR with 550cc denzo injectors, HKS 264/264 cams, new S14 T28, greddy ras, walbro255lph fuel pump, oem coil packs, NGK iridium plugs..

A couple weeks ago I was parking and noticed exhaust smoke coming up through the shifter

Got home, car was smoking more, no coolant or oil being burned= exhaust smoke JUST smells like gas.

The next day, the car wouldn't rev over 1400-1500rpms, but instead just sputter and backfire once it got up there..

Tried cleaning the MAF, nothing, but it idled a little better. New one didnt change anything.

Car idles strong, but just keeps smoking and misfiring around 1500rpms.

anyone had a problem like this before??

TPS sensor? ignitor chip?

simon

Number of posts : 1186
Vehicle : s13
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

SR smoking, running super rich, wont rev Empty Re: SR smoking, running super rich, wont rev

Post by X1nom3D Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:19 pm

check the o-rings on your injectors.
X1nom3D
X1nom3D

Number of posts : 57
Vehicle : Red 91 FB
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

SR smoking, running super rich, wont rev Empty Re: SR smoking, running super rich, wont rev

Post by rps1392 Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:44 am

i had this problem on my ka (pretty much the same motor, almost) but it was bad spark plug wires and oil leaking into my spark plug threads caused a weak spark
rps1392
rps1392

Number of posts : 91
Vehicle : 92 240sx
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LongGrain Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:49 am

make sure you are getting spark.

had this exact problem with the corolla last week. the plug wires were bad.

SR's dont have plug wires, but check your coilpacks and the wiring for them, also check your ignitor...

LongGrain

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by kg300zxtt Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:13 pm

If ur on the north side of the city and you're consult plug works i can check most of you're sensors or codes on ecu have software and consult cable. Can do it on most Nissan engines. let me know

looks like youre ecu went into safemode because one of the critical signals from a perticular sensor or multiple sensors is not correct or missing

maf sensor
tps sensor
knock sensor
timing issue
stuck injector
bad o2 sensor

u have to check all those

I know when youre maf goes out u still should rev to 2500rpm so it might be youre knock sensor (they tend to crack) but checking the signals is ur best bet. good luck
kg300zxtt
kg300zxtt

Number of posts : 87
Vehicle : 98 S14--95 s14 KA power
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down